Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
- Over 6500 encyclopedic entries for people, places, organization, etc.
- The whole text of the Longman Language Activator – helps you to choose the right word or phrase to express your ideas in writing
- Over a million sentences from books, magazines, newspapers, etc. – gives you more sentences showing how almost all the words and phrases are used
- Every word pronounced in British and American English
- Interactive exercises, including practice for exams like CAE, CPE, FCE and IELTS, dictation exercises, etc.
- Pop-up dictionary – just point your mouse at a word on a web page or in a Word document to see an instant definition – without worrying about spelling or alphabetical order to find the word!
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
- American English
- Light version of dictionary
- No pronunciation
Cambridge Advanced Learners’ Dictionary
- Pronunciation included
Highly Recommended English Dictionary Software
I have tried all three dictionary software above. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English is the most feature-rich dictionary software that I highly recommend. Longman Language Activator is very useful and acts like a thesaurus. The user interface is clean and user-friendly. The software is free with the physical copy of Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English.