- 10 Flagrant Grammar Mistakes that Make You Look Stupid
1. Loose for lose
2. It's for its (or god forbid, its')
3. They're for their for there
4. i.e. for e.g
5. Effect for affect
6. You're for your
7. Different than for different from
8. Lay for lie
9. Then for than
10. Could of, would of for could have, would have
- Common Errors in English
It's aimed at the most common errors of native speakers. The errors others make in English differ according to the characteristics of their first languages.
- Common Mistakes and Tricky Word Choices
Sometimes we need to make word choices. Sometimes we misuse words or phrases in standard English. This list includes many of the most common problems.
- Ten Serious Grammar Mistakes
1. Stop runaway sentences
2. "However" needs a cap and a comma
3. Get itsy bitsy "its" correct
4. Put apostrophes in their place
5. Trap the wandering "only"
6. Me me me, not I myself
7. Items on a list must be a matching set
8. Each and every one is singular
9. Get tricky subjects to agree with their verbs
10. Make sure your starter phrase refers to the very next word
- Spelling: Common Words that Sound Alike
Many words sound alike but mean different things when put into writing. The list will help you distinguish between some of the more common words that sound alike.
- Pictures: School Dean Sends Home Letter to Students Filled with Spelling Errors and Glad that English not offered at this tuition centre (See picture below).
- Common Spelling Errors
The World Wide Web is crammed with useful information, but marred by occasional spelling errors.
- 100 Most Often Misspelled Words In English
There are the 100 words most often misspelled ('misspell' is one of them). Each word has a mnemonic pill with it and, if you swallow it, it will help you to remember how to spell the word. Master the orthography of the words on that page and reduce the time you spend searching dictionaries by 50%.
- 10 Most Misspelled Words in Blogs
The reason you should review this list is because a spell checker won’t correct these for you.
- 40+ Tips to Improve your Grammar and Punctuation
Great list compiled from Purdue University online writing lab.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Monthly Archives - June 2014 - May 2014 - April 2014 - March 2014 - February 2014 - January 2014 - May 2013 - April 2013 - March 2013 - January 2013 - August 2012 - July 2012 - June 2012 - May 2012 - April 2012 - March 2012 - January 2012 - December 2011 - November 2011 - October 2011 - September 2011 - August 2011 - July 2011 - June 2011 - May 2011 - October 2008 - February 2008 - December 2007 - November 2007 - October 2007 - September 2007 - August 2007 - July 2007 - June 2007 - May 2007 - April 2007 - March 2007 - February 2007 - January 2007 - December 2006 - November 2006 - October 2006 - September 2006 - August 2006 - July 2006 - June 2006 - May 2006 - April 2006 - March 2006 - February 2006 - January 2006 - December 2005 - November 2005 -
Useful ArticlesComparative and Superlative Forms of Adjectives
Using Quotations in Writing English Essays
Free Online English Dictionary and Thesaurus
English Dictionary Software
Buy and Sell Essay Writing in 2007
Using English Idioms in Writing Good Essays
How to Cite Materials from Online Resources (Internet)
Important English Grammar Notes for Essay Writing
Buy Essays Online
Types of English Essays
Good English Grammar: Subject-Verb Agreement
Gross Errors in Essay Writing
The Power of Brainstroming
© 2005 - , Good English Essay Writing (formerly known as Good English Essays). All Rights Reserved. Do not copy. Link to the post if you find it useful.