- There are two sessions each day for Malaysian University English Test (MUET) speaking. The first session will commence at 7.30 am while the second session at 11.00 am.
- All the candidates in the same session will be quarantined in a class or library since the question is the same for a particular session to avoid question leak.
- While some are waiting in the quarantine room, other students in a group of four will be called group by group to a room to be tested.
- The students will go the room and sit on the seats according to their index numbers. For instance, candidate with the index number 001 will sit on the Candidate A’s seat while candidate with the index number 002 will sit on the Candidate B’s seat and so on.
- All the candidates will be given a question paper, a piece of paper and a pencil each. Candidates are allowed to write on the blank piece of paper using the pencil provided. Writing on the question papers is prohibited since the question papers will be used for other groups in the same session.
- One of the two examiners will ask the candidates to read the question in one minute.
“You are now given one minute to read your questions.”
- The examiner will ask the candidates whether they have any words which they do not understand its meaning.
- All candidates will be given two minutes to prepare their points for individual presentation.
“You are now given two minutes to prepare your points for individual presentation.”
- After two minutes, every candidate will be given two minutes to present their points individually starting from Candidate A.
- While a candidate is presenting his or her individual speaking, other candidates should jot the points down to prepare for group discussion.
- After all the candidates have finished individual presentation (task A), the examiner will ask the candidates to prepare the group discussion (task B) in two minutes.
“You are now given two minutes to prepare your group discussion.”Candidates should read the points jotted down just now and decide whether to argue over them or to add additional points on top of them.
- After two minutes, the candidates will be given ten minutes for group discussion.
“You are now given ten minutes for group discussion. Anyone may lead the discussion.”
- The candidates will discuss which point is the best solution to a particular problem (depending on the question) in a polite and constructive discussion. At the end of the discussion, one candidate will take the initiative to end the discussion by stating a conclusion.
- Candidates thank the examiners and leave the room.
MUET Speaking Past Years' Questions
MUET Speaking Tips